by a few moons

i am certain you and i are connected by a few moons:
one opens the freezer and sees chaos, the other just sees food;
one folds clothes for categorization, the other just shoves them in the drawer.

a million examples or how the rules of attraction work in the most subtle ways,
for me, that is where love is, intrinsically.
in the space between me and you, and how
knowing we will always be apart,
subdivided by the atoms and the quarks,
just makes it easier to bring you closer.

some days you feel small, so small,
i can engulf you between my arms;
some other days i feel like life is too much to bare 
and there's a space in your chest made for me.

i think there is the reason why i am still striving for meaning,
to understand how two people who were once different
have suddenly become part of the same.
i can't understand why of all the things you could have become
you decided to be tender, loving,
the missing part of me.