the daughter of the ocean

I wish I was the daughter of the ocean
I wish I was the freedom itself
within violence and calm and rest
I could be all those things

I wish I was the daughter of the ocean
so I could swim freely among clouds
so I could easily spill through
every rock and every mouth

there's still only one reason
why I wish I could be born to the ocean
so I could escape
and run away and no one

will ever catch me

and I could be strong enough
to destroy people's lives
and still be the thing you need
to have to continue your life
as it is

if I was the daughter of the ocean I could be invincible
I could be everywhere I want to
I could be next to you,
invisible

if I was the daughter of the ocean
I could break seams
break out of molds and containers and hold ships
have no ends at all

I could be anything I would crave to be
a lake, a drop, a cloud, a wave.

the possibilities could be never ending
and the places
oh, the places! 
I could go

I'm just amazed to think
I could be the calm, warm sea of Ibiza
and the violent, raw Antartic Ocean

and now I look and I thing
I am the daughter of the ocean
for one simple reason

I myself
I am infinite